Purpose of the Job
We are a four-star superior resort located in a unique area at the heart of the Island within the beautiful landscapes of “Wied Għollieqa” Nature Reserve. We are currently seeking for an Accounts Clerk to join our team. The position purpose is to assist our Financial Controller on the daily needs of the department.
- Handling day to day operational requirements request
- Creation of Purchase Orders in Materials Control System
- Posting of purchases invoices in accounting system and monitoring that invoices are in line with quotes and approved purchase orders
- Liaising with suppliers to request for credit notes
- Reconciliation of suppliers statements on a regular basis
- Ensure timely updating of invoices in the accounting system
- Preparation of supplier payments
- Posting of payment and receipts in accounting system
- Conducting bank reconciliations and nominal accounts reconciliations
- Other duties as required in the finance department.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Minimum of O level or A level qualifications in accountancy is a must
- Minimum of two years of experience on a similar role
- Very Good command of English both written and spoken. Solid communication skills, with proficiency in speaking and writing
- The ability to act responsibly and ethically when working with sensitive financial information, whether it’s information for the company or for individuals
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Problem solving abilities
- Eye to detail and organised
- SAGE, Material Control, Opera, Excel and Micros Software knowledge will be considered an asset.
- The willingness and ability to comply with local, state, and federal financial regulations, as well as the regulations established by the company itself
Interested applicants are to send their CV and covering letter to: