Purpose of the Job
We are a new resort which opened its doors recently and we are looking to increase our growing Kitchen Brigade, for what we are seeking a full time Chef Tournant who can manage daily kitchen routines, oversees the staff and ensures the high quality that we provide to our guests.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads his/hers kitchen team
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredient
- Ensure minimum kitchen wastage
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked
- Trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- To be aware of and act in accordance with Fire Safety Procedures at all times.
- To attend all statutory training as required by the company.
- To carry out any other tasks required from the Executive Chef or Senior Sous Chef
- Formal Culinary Training
- Previous Restaurant/hotel Experience,
- Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills