The IK Tennis Academy is situated in the Urban Valley Resort & Spa and provides the ideal opportunity for you to blow those cobwebs away with an exhilarating game of tennis!
The IK Tennis Academy caters for all ages and abilities and has 2 hard outdoor courts plus another 2 hard outdoor courts at St.Martin’s College, Swatar.
Hotel guests can make use of the courts free of charge. We will provide tennis rackets and balls….all you have to do is check availability with reception or online at http://iktennisacademy.com/!
Go on, book a game and make the most of the facilities and beautiful Maltese weather. Courts are available weekdays and weekends.
About IK Tennis Academy
Founded by Ivana Kubickova, IK Tennis Academy is primarily focused on the development of young children from absolute beginners to what we refer to as ‘Pro Juniors’. Ivana is also the Pro Juniors Head Coach.
The Pro Juniors program is aimed at players under the age of 10. Access to this program is based on ability and commitment. An advanced level of athleticism and coordination, as well as a higher time commitment to the weekly training schedule.
Tennis has always been central to Ivana’s coaching, being the most satisfying aspect. In Ivana’s words, “to help kids explore their full potential in a sport I love so much is a prospect I cherish. This was central to my decision to follow a coaching career, a philosophy and a passion I would like all IK coaches to also embrace.”
Ivana is supported by her fellow training coaches:
- Robert Tarpey, Technical Director – born in the UK, Rob is a former pro player turned ITF Level 2 coach; he was also the former national coach for Malta Tennis, captaining also Malta during the Fed Cup in 2007. He was the private coach for Kimberley Cassar amongst others.
- Andrea Giusti, Pro Juniors Coach – Andrea was born in Florence, Italy in 1979. From a very young age, he had a very strong passion for tennis. Having won numerous tournaments in Italy, he decided to pursue a career in coaching. Andrea is highly qualified, and focuses very much on the development of a good technique. He has a very professional attitude, and a very positive approach to coaching.
IK Tennis Academy offers training to suit all ages and abilities through their Mini Tennis, Pro Juniors and Adult training programmes:
- Mini Tennis – this is the first step into tennis. There are 3 levels of mini tennis, Red, Orange and Green, with each level focussing on a different age range and set of skills, with Red being for the younger children and Green being the final level playing on full sized court.
- Pro Junior – like the mini tennis program, the Pro Juniors program is aimed at players under the age of 16, however access to this program is based on ability and commitment. An advanced level of athleticism and coordination, as well as a higher time commitment to the weekly training schedule.
- Adult – there are 3 different types of coaching for adults with all 3 being good for beginners as well as for advanced tennis players. Each programme is specifically designed to improve player‘s skills while keeping it still intensive and fun.
IK Tennis Academy also organises training camps and tournaments for players regardless of their age or level.
Find out more and book at the IK Tennis Academy website: http://iktennisacademy.com/